Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for 304 headers, nothing ridiculously priced, performance ansd durability matter, street legal not really. Scott

Scott Reuben
1979 CJ: 304 3spd, tires, rust, miles
1989 XJ: has seen every state except Hawaii

In search of lost paths and distant locations...

G

·
I made my own for about $200.00 for my 401. I bought the flanges and U-bends from a header shop in Camarillo, CA (he has all the AMC templates) and had a buddy weld em up. They look good and the work great. Extra fat flanges, no leaks yet.

I will look up the guys info tomorrow, if you're interested e-mail me.
Kevin

[email protected]

G

·
Scott,
I don't know how much this will help you or matter but oh well. I'm in the market for headers and exhaust system. I've talked to some people and i think i'm gonna go with the system offered by JC Whitney. It's headers All the pipes to exit out the back and muffelers. It's gonna cost $220 but that's sheaper than most headers i've seen. I've also been told that the headers a pretty good quality. Well there's my $.02 worth.

Kyle

If you can't break it, Try Harder/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
79 CJ-7/304/T-150 I think/Dana20/No tires(yet)/rust/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif
[email protected]

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Er.....not to be splashing cold water on an otherwise warm discussion, but I can't help but ask this question: "Why?"/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif We have 401 manifolds on our 304, and I would hate to think how many RPM we would have to approach before we began having measurable exhaust restriction, and you MUST have restriction in order to BENEFIT from any kind of exhaust enhancement. My experience has been that the real gain is in the disposal system.....the wye pipe, the muffler and the tailpipe. I learned that a BIG SINGLE is better than small duals, and that headers are just not worth the hassle and the expense unless you are on the strip or in a mud bog where high HP extraction is the name of the game./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ahhhhh, manifolds or headers.

This topic has been hashed a number of times.

Everyone has their own preference and for the longest time I resisted the urge to put headers on my CJ for all the reasons that CJDave wrote above.

I put Headman in frame headers on my new 360 initially for no other reason than looks and sound. I like the sound produced by headers better than my old manifolds and they make the engine compartment look better. I also wanted no restriction what so ever.

I still believe that a stock manifold will work fine for most but my combination of injection, headers, 15" cherry bombs, 2.02 intake and 1.94 exhaust valves, K&N filter, and dual exhaust, really make my 360 come to life when I put the hammer down.

Jeeplvr
http:// [URL]www.trailhed.com [/url]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.