Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think you might be able to get close with headers, ignition, K&N and a computer (no supercharger) and that is about what $1600.
Well what do you guys think.

'98 Ram 1500, Gibson cat back, K&N

·
Registered
389 Posts
On my 318, I'm running throttle body spacer, K&N gen II kit, MSD ignition, headers and 3" exhaust sytem with high flow cat, and a Jet stage 2 chip. All this added noticably to the power but I doubt that it is near 300HP. I think that if you really want power from that 318, you might be better off with a supercharger. With the costs of all those mods I could have almost bought a Paxton and gotten about 350 HP out of that 5.2. Now, I'll just have to save up and buy a supercharger too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mopar offers a cam & lifters ,headers, computer,air filter and catback system for your truck that will get it close to 300 hp . If you could do all the labor yourself that would be the best bet.The most difficult one would be the cam and lifters. Hope this helps. OH bye the way this is smog legal.

1972 commando 304 th400
1999 dodge quadcab 4x4 cummins

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.