Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3\" lift and 1/2 shackle,OK?

I am going to be purchasing the Warn Black Diamond 3" lift from carparts.com. While replacing the springs, i have decided to replace my shackles with greasable shackles. Daystar makes a Greasable Super Shackle Kit 1/2" lift that carparts.com sells. Is this to much shackle lift after doing a 3" spring lift? Please share your opinions about carparts.com, daystar, and the warn black diamond lift.
Thanks
Tdawgcj7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Daystar shackles 3\"lift

That shackle should be fine. But your topic makes it look like that's a 3" shackle lift which is completely wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

3 inch shackle lift...wouldn't that mean the shackles would be 6 inches longer than stock? Damn. :)

MudFlap 87 YJ POS!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Re: 3\" lift and 1/2 shackle,OK?

I have 3" susp and 3/4" shackle, works fine on my YJ.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
605 Posts

I saw a Wrangler this weekend with about a 3" shackle lift....Scary. Wonder how badly that thing handles. He didn't even have bigger tires on it, just these huge shackles.

You should be fine with the .5" shackles and 3" lift and it will compensate a bit as your lift settles out. I don't know if the daystar shackles have a welded or bolted center section but I like the ones with the bolts since you can losen them up a bit for a tad more flex on the trail.

'79 CJ-7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.