Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IS it possible to turn a 4wd cherokee to 4wd? and if so how hard and how much work and what components are need, and how pricey is it?
thanks
mikey

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aperentely it is the easiest 2wd to 4wd conversion to do. You need to find a donor vehicle at a wrecker. You need the 4wd tranny, t-case, front axle assembly, both drive shafts and maybe a few other odds and ends.

This is a really good time to do a lift or swap in heavy duty parts like beefier axle, tranny or t-case.

jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The March 99 issue of Four Wheel Drive and Sport Utility has a detailed article on this conversion. Let me know if you want it, I can scan it for you.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey if u could send that article, that would be great!
thanks!
mikey

(\/)ikey

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: 2WD-4WD..Go to car lot...

::<: It seems to me that you could "trade up" at Lem's Used Cars for a nice Cherokee that already HAS FWD cheaper than go to all that expense. You also need the console too, don't forget that item. This is a big deal, and the cost id more than the difference in price at Lem's most likely. Dave

CJDave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.