Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

The problems continue... lol

I am using a 2bl carb and intake on my amc 304. There is a "heater" thing which bolts into the intake and has one hose to the carb and one metal line going to the carb. Its some type of heater or something. It needs to be replaced, any idea where I can buy one?


Brian "A4x4jeeper"

6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif ARE a problem, Brian. That "heater thing' is a hot air loop which starts in the top of the carb where it can get filtered air....goes down into the intake manifold above the exhause crossover with quite a bit of tube folded back and forth, and then pops back out and hooks to the automatic choke housing. If the stuff inside the intake manifold is all rusted out or otherwise kaputzo, you are in a heap o' trouble. If it is the stuff on the outside it is just tube and can be replaced. About your only recourse is to get one from a discarded V8 manifold, or do some creative tube forming and make one. You could use copper if you need to, can make one piece out of in all one piece. Drill out the lottle holes in the two-bolt flange....form up the tube loop...slip the flange over the tube it into the intake...mark for the carb connection...cut and install a fitting to hook to the carb....then form and fit the one to the carb air horn./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Easy? Not TOO bad./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.