Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed my '87 258 last night and today it will not start, period. I believe it's not getting spark. The problem is I've checked the cap and rotor as well as the all the connections and spark plug wires and all are dry as a bone! Has anyone had this issue before? Any insight as to what to look at? I think I may have fried something (computer, ignition module), does this sound feasible? This system baffles me. Any of the masters of the feedback system out there, I need your help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would check the battery. They can often die without warning. Do your lights work? Just what kind of "wash" was this? Is the starter turning the engine? Or is just dead, period?
Check your ignition module and your battery leads. Do you have a voltage tester? If so, you can use it to see if you are getting voltage at the various ignition points.

I would start there.
Hope it helps.

CJ8George
o[[[[o
85 CJ8,258,Weber32/36,4" BDS lift,4.10,35"tires,f/r lockers

·
Registered
485 Posts
I had the same problem a few years ago. I washed my CJ 258 and then it would not start! Came to find out that there was a hole on the back of the ignition module. This of course let lots of water in and....well you might imagine that it would n't start! Just my experience.

Alec

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.