Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I literally just swapped out my 258 for a 304.!!!!!!!!!!!WoW what a difference. Now I was able to use my coil. I went ahead and put an Edelbrock 4 bbl intake and changed my coil to an accel. I had to swap out my driver side engine mount ( frame mount) because the bolt pattern is slightly off. As for my Trans. I pulled my most excellent T-176 out and changed to a TH400 (made for Jeep). They used to put them in the Grand Wagoneers.My wiring harness worked out just fine.I was not able to use the power steering pump because it bolted up differently to the 258.And my stock radiator would not work because of hose connections. Any questions check the profile and e-mail me I will try to get the part numbers together. CJJEDI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish you were closer to Alabama.You may think I`m nuts,but i have just pulled a running `73 304 and want to trade it for a 258.Engine complete down to the wiring harness.

Drayson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just by a new radiator. ask for an 81 thats the last year for the 304's I think got a heavyduty modine rad for my 80 at napa a few months back for $180 my jeep now runs at 180 deg and the temp doesn't go up even if I leave it idling.

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.