Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose antone know where I can find a kit to change to the motorcraft in to my jeep, I have a 258 6cylinder. I have herd that this is a good replacement. thanks

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Don't know of any kit but it's not hard to do.

Find a good 2100 carb
Buy a small base to large base 2bbl adaptor (autozone, advanced)
Hand fab brackets for throttle linkage.

It's really not that hard at all.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
2150 is an altitude compensating version of the 2100 series.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
know where I can find a kit to change to the motorcraft in to my jeep, I have a 258 6cylinder

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you ask and you shall recieve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
This guy has been selling them for awhile now.

Complete 2100 kit

·
Registered
368 Posts
I hate to bring back old threads and highjack them but I'm looking for some help GP'n Jim.

I e-mailed you from the old E-Bay listing.... I'm looking for just the 2100 adapter to go from my 258. The Mr. Gasket 1933 adapter plate doesn't fit the 2100 I've got already rebuilt, I can't seem to get the 4 barrel spacer to seal on at the plate. How much for the kit minus the carb? e-mail me when you can.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I hate to bring back old threads and highjack them but I'm looking for some help GP'n Jim.

I e-mailed you from the old E-Bay listing.... I'm looking for just the 2100 adapter to go from my 258. The Mr. Gasket 1933 adapter plate doesn't fit the 2100 I've got already rebuilt, I can't seem to get the 4 barrel spacer to seal on at the plate. How much for the kit minus the carb? e-mail me when you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve,

I don't know for sure, but I don't think G'pn was the seller of the 'kits', he just posted up the link...

Also, RE: "can't seem to get the 4 barrel spacer to seal on at the plate". What 4bbl spacer? The 2100/2150 carb(s) are 2 barrel(s).

And, while I do not know a lot about carbs, etc, I would think that anywhere there is a mating of plates, adapters, carbs, manifold surfaces, etc, there ought to be a gasket. No? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maybe some pics would help folks determine what you have... in order to recommend/suggest what you need.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Allow me to explain... the base of the 2100 I've got is very large, it bolts to most 4 barrel intakes. I was trying several spacers of varying sizes to fit it and close the gap for the oversized base... I will see if I can generate a photo of two to show the problem. It would have been an easy fix to fab my own plate prior to Hurricane Katrina, now the shop is nothing but a slab... all gone, bye bye. Oh well.

Oh, correct on the kit manufacturer too... sorry GP'n, disregard my note. I had already sent the guy an e-mail thinking he was you, I just haven't heard back from him yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Parts stores carry a base gasket for 2150s that is about 1/4 inch thick. I don't have the part number. You just have to pick a year model and ask for it. I think mine was a 1983 Tbird. It is not metal, but is extremely stiff. Combined with the Mr. Gasket adapter and a little gasket sealer it will work.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I ordered the adapter through Summit and hopefully the rest of it will come together now.

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts