Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Hey, that is near me in Hot Springs. Our club is the club for the park.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
nice...

i've decided a few months ago that i want one...selling my jeep soon....once i get around to listing it for sale that is......

but i'll wait to buy for a diesel to come out..get that in a 4-door....toss it on some larger tires....give a good all-around jeep for trail and road and utility.

now i just need money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Damn new fangled piece of Plastic Crap. Bigger is not always better,
  • more electronics,
  • more computerization,
  • more expensive parts,
  • less owner fixable sub-assemblies,
  • more complexity.
IMHO, it may be a great product (saying this with tongue in cheek), but I'd hate to have to attempt to fix it in the field, on the side of the road, or pay for it being done at a dealer/shop.

It's going to take time for me to warm up to these JK Jeeps.

Bring back the MB or CJ2 with EFI and mechanical lockers.

DC forgot one little factoid of the Jeep, and that was the KISS principle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Amazing video, indeed, and helps me deal with 'concerns' about the '07. Being cautious, I'll probably wait for the second or third year production run, allow them to locate and subdue any bugs -
One question I have - does the "EBS" replace the traditional Rubicon lockers? The video didn't really address this (or maybe I missed it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Bring back the MB or CJ2 with EFI and mechanical lockers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't AMC have a prototype in the late 70's called the Jeep II? It was considerably smaller than the CJ and looked a lot like the MB. I did a Google search but came up empty. I think something like that (Relatively cheap, simple, durable Jeep) would be very popular with the off road fans today.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
DC forgot one little factoid of the Jeep, and that was the KISS principle.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't blame DC; EPA and NHTSA won't let anyone sell a simple vehicle any more. If you want simple, build it yourself or buy an old CJ. If you want REAL simple, a 3B or 2A is just right.

·
Registered
991 Posts
LEVE,

Was that called the X100 or something of the sort? Didn't that one have the "ramble seat"? A small rumble seat where the trunk would have been. Cool, but not as cool as the Jeep II.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
One question I have - does the "EBS" replace the traditional Rubicon lockers?

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a writeup in the local paper this morning. Apparently DC took a bunch of automotive hacks on an expedition up the Rubicon Trail in the '07s. The article says that the 4-door Rubicon has "industrial-strength D44 axels, electronically locking front/rear differentials, 10.5 inches of ground clearance . . ."

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
LEVE,

Was that called the X100 or something of the sort? Didn't that one have the "ramble seat"? A small rumble seat where the trunk would have been. Cool, but not as cool as the Jeep II.

[/ QUOTE ]

The model designation of the Jeep LEVE has pictured was the "XJ001". This particular prototype was circa 1970. IIRC, it was wrecked in 1971 or so then disassembled.

It's designation similarity with the later 1984-2001 Cherokee and Wagoneer is purely coincidental. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts