Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The Jeep Wrangler is receiving a ground-up redesign for the 2007 model year. Along with an all-new version of the standard model, Jeep is also working on a new four-door version. The Wrangler's construction will shift from the current TJ platform to an all-new platform dubbed "TK". The four-door Wrangler will be considerably larger than the current Wrangler, with substantial increases in both length and width. This four-door Jeep is expected to borrow a fair amount of its looks from the Jeep Gladiator concept pickup. Both the standard and four-door 2007 Jeep Wrangler models will feature extensive safety features and more luxury than current Wrangler drivers are accustomed to. Available engines will most likely include a 2.4-liter four-cylinder and a 3.7-liter V6, with perhaps even a 5.7-liter HEMI V8 as an option for the four-door Wrangler. The success of the Jeep Liberty diesel might also pave the way for a Wrangler CRD as well. Any of these engines will be paired with either a five-speed automatic or a six-speed manual transmission."

I know these are early photos --- but it almost kinda sorta looks like it still has a solid front axle.

Sean

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
verrryyy interesting

i think i see a control arm in one of the pics....so looks like solid axle

i like the side view profile of the 4 dooor...., not sure what i think of the front view yet(from what i can see through the body camoflage stuff).....

lets all hope for solid axles, beefy drive train (with low gear), and a top that can still come off! CRD would be sweet....getting 27MPG in a jeep!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
594 Posts
I sure hope those arent square headlights, I see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

I do like the sound of an optional hemi V8.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Sure would be pretty if they went back to the wonderful world of square. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
546 Posts
I gotta agree with Galen on the beatiful square headlights! I read awhile back that the 07 would have a solid front axle but they're going to be from AAM. These are the axles Chrysler is using instead of Dana's. Also the optional V8 was mentioned but was said to be the 4.7l from the Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Check out the Dodge Power Wagon. The beefy, locked axles under it are by AAM. Of course the article I read didn't know which size axles would be used in the Wrangler. Hopefully they'll go big.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
cool thanks Aaron....i googled it and found this

http://www.aam.com/technology/tech_prod_dl_frontaxle.html

for anyone else who is clueless like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

they got a lot of differential options including E-lockers....the bigger axles (which i assume they'd use in the jeeps) have wide ratio options too

·
Registered
963 Posts
AAM is the company that makes GM's corporate axles... i.e. the ungodly strong 14 bolt... and the 10 bolt (not everything can be a hit).

·
Registered
946 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
2007 Jeep Wrangler Compact SUV

[/ QUOTE ]
Compact SUV? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/puke.gif
SUV?

It's a Jeep. No other description needed.
God, I hope those ar not square. I almost like the integral Turn Signal and Headlights. Almost. Better than square. (My appologies to YJ owners.)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
"The Jeep Wrangler is receiving a ground-up redesign for the 2007 model year. [...] The Wrangler's construction will shift from the current TJ platform to an all-new platform dubbed "TK". The four-door Wrangler will be considerably larger [...] with substantial increases in both length and width. [...] Both [...] models will feature extensive safety features and more luxury than current Wrangler. [...] The success of the Jeep Liberty diesel might also pave the way for a Wrangler CRD as well . [...]" [Emphasis added.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blah! Thppptttt! Humbug!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif"considerably larger"; "substantial increases in both length & width"; "extensive safety features"; and "more luxury"....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif [email protected]^^# yuppy-mobiles!

Why don't they just go ahead and change the name to Escalade... Ooops! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif That name's already been taken... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif

Boys... the death knell is tolling for our beloved Jeeps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/violin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif

The only positive development appears to be the diesel potential, but even THAT is not enough to offset the bigger, wider, longer, more luxurious crapola. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/30.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Boys... the death knell is tolling for our beloved Jeeps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me started on this one Jerry, it won't be pretty!

Design in America, by American Engineers
Engineer in America, by American Engineers
Manufacture in America, by American owned Manufactures
Sell in American, by American owned Companies
By American, with American Money!

If you don't, kiss your country good by because it will be owned by foreigners who don't give a damn about you!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Leve wrote: kiss your country good by because it will be owned by foreigners who don't give a damn about you!

Larry, remind me again what big American owned company gives a damn about me. If you can name on, its worth a root beer toast to you.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Larry, remind me again what big American owned company gives a damn about me. If you can name on, its worth a root beer toast to you.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom... you got me there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Krauts built the vehicles for Hitler. They were beat soundly by the Americans and their Jeeps - not just beaten, put to shame. They've never forgotten, never forgiven.

It's still WWII in their minds. This is just another way to defeat the Americans, by distorting the Jeep to a wus machine.

Soon it'll be time to put them in their place again!!! It's coming, just look at the news.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[email protected]^^# yuppy-mobiles!

[/ QUOTE ]

in all fairness everyone was saying that about the 1997 change too.....and i think they did some of the best stuff with the TJ

it may not look good yet, but it could turn out to be decent for off roading once we know more *shrug* nevver know

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boys... the death knell is tolling for our beloved Jeeps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me started on this one Jerry, it won't be pretty!

Design in America, by American Engineers
Engineer in America, by American Engineers
Manufacture in America, by American owned Manufactures
Sell in American, by American owned Companies
By American, with American Money!

If you don't, kiss your country good by because it will be owned by foreigners who don't give a damn about you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Larry... I'm planning on being out your way next week - God-willin'. Gotta go to Orem, UT to pick up some old American /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/usflag.gif steel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif : '77 J-10 bought off eBay from a BYU student. Hope to fly out Mon or Tues w/ my 3 oldest boys, and make a camping vacation of the trip back... Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, and whatever else we see along the way... Maybe even pick-up some misc parts if we fall into any good deals! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif

·
Registered
237 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Sure would be pretty if they went back to the wonderful world of square. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif Are those rectangle fog/driving light slots in the front on the fender flares (even with the parking lights)......or are they shadows?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Me likes...and I'm in the market. The $2.50 gas mark finally pushed me into looking at options other than my 11 mpg Excursion. Might as weel stick with Jeep eh?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts