Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate on my 2006 Liberty Sport occasionally to often will automatically relock itself. After driving, I walk to the rear gate and hit the unlock button on any remote. As normal, the tailgate unlocks, pauses about 1 second and then soundlt relocks with a klunk. Definitely a solid electrical lock singnal heard. It appears to be timed with the flash of the parking lights associated with the operation; however, disabling the flash on the lights has no effect on the relock. So far the dealer has changed the BCM twice, the lock mechanism, some kind of terminal block, and now the whole body wiring harness, but the problem remains. Also, it appears to resolve itself if the Jeep is left parked for an hour or so before attempting to open the tailgate. (Maybe something with a sticking relay in the autolock while driving circuit?) Any ideas? This is really getting discouraging. Other than that, the Jeep is great.
Scott
N2WMD at ARRL.NET

· Registered
31 Posts
looks like i am not the only one experiencing this kind of problem. but until now i cannot find answers.lol well im very sorry for bumping this thread. just researching. hopefully learn to fix this by myself and then post some information in here for future reference. :) anyway because of my researching i also notice some Jeep Parts seller on the internet which i find interesting.

· Registered
421 Posts
a few more ideas to chase down. does your car lock the tail gate either when starting, shifting into gear, or moving? if so could there be a bad sensor that "talks " to the bcm? wiggle the key, shifter. is there any correlation between the headlight timer (day time headlight - auto off) and tailgate malfunction? again, may be low voltage to module issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.