Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the tires on my jeep didn't pass inspection this year and since I would have to spend $500-$600 on new stock sized tires, i figured I could spend a little more for a budget suspension lift and some bigger tires. I've looked around for 2" lift kits and most of them are around $150-$200, which is no big deal. I'm not very mechanically inclined but based on the instructions i've read, I thought i could manage to install it myself. But just to see how much it would cost to get it installed by a shop, i called the local "off road" shop and although they don't install outside parts, they told me they could lift the suspension professionally (prob a lot more money). In any event, what the guy at the shop told me has me thinking now. He said that although the budget lift kit was an easy way to increase ground clearance, without proper heavy duty components (new shocks, etc.) other parts of the truck would wear out and the ride quality would suffer. I'm all for a more aggressive look but i wouldn't really want to decrease the life of my truck. Is it worth it to do the lift myself?

Thanks

· Registered
31 Posts
Here's a lot of DIY info on lifting an XJ:

Gojeep Home Page Jeep Accessories
Cool, this is what i am looking for. good thing i do a lot of researching in here first. so far no questions i'll just give this manual to my boyfriend so i will just post some questions in here if we have questions regarding simple DIY things. anyway thanks again! this is really a big help for us! We are hoping we could finish changing shocks tomorrow so we could test it on weekends. :D

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Just keep us posted. This section is not very lively, but some of the experienced guys take a look here, every now and then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.