Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 F150 SuperCab FX4 Flareside and I'm looking for a good place to get some upgrades.

1. I'm currently looking at a Borla T304 Cat-Back Split Stainless Steel exhaust system - cost is around $500. I wish Ford had put in dual exhaust but I guess a "cat-back" is the way to go on this. Anyone have any other ideas?

2. I'd like to get it lifted a couple more inches. It has the 18 inch aluminum wheels and, to save money, I'd like to keep the stock rims & tires (LT 275/65R18 OWL) but am worried that if I lift it these tires will look too small. Thoughts/ideas?

3. Spray in bedliner. I had a Rhino sprayed into my last F150 but am comparing LineX with Rhino - would love to hear other's experiences.

Thanks for any info...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congrats on the new ride. I have got the same truck and already put a small lift in the front from Daystar. 2 1/2 inch lift and its sweet and cheap to install. It will level out your truck. So far I have left the stock 275's on there but will upgrade tires later. I also used Line-X and it looks awesome and I have found it to be cheaper to install. No matter what, you still own the best lookin truck on the road

·
Registered
160 Posts
I also have a Line-X spray liner on my '03 F-150 SCrew. I found the Rhino to be too lumpy looking for my taste. Around here the price was about the same for either brand.

I also want to put in a cat back exhaust but can't get my wife to believe my stock exhaust is rotted out already.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the Line-X sprayed in last week. It looks great. My last F150 had a Rhino but seemed to be turning grey within a year and a half.

The Borla (T140087) split system cat-back exhaust is shipping today. I got it from a place in Texas (contact info [email protected] - tell them Tim McDaniel referred you) for $525 with free shipping. It retails at $650 and that's the cheapest I could find. Maybe it's cheaper somewhere else but I didn't want to wait!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Borla exhaust sounds great, nice throaty rumble but not too obnoxious. Had a Muffler shop here in town install them and took it back to have them give it a little more support. Stock from Borla they didn't have enough rear support so they added one on each side and it's rock solid. I really like the look and the sound.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, it was a bolt on with no custom beding of the pipes, I just didn't want to take the time to do it (too lazy I guess)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.