Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If the body is in good shape it is well worth the $200.00. If all it needs is an engine and tranny, if the body is good, and you wanted a truck, you outta buy it.

Soon to have a truck, in about 2.5 months when I get the money.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The $200 is just the down payment. The real cost is how much you're gonna spend on getting it running. Cash, Time, and the unexpected. Still a good deal? dunno. Later, Brian.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It really all depends on what you want to do with the truck and the shape of the parts that are on it. But I would say that $200 for any truck pretty well no mater the shape is worth it. When I first went and looked at the 76 1 1/4Ton I bought last fall I though the $1000 he asking was to much so I went home and thought about it, called him back and offered him $800. Turns out it was well worth the money mind you every body part went in the junk. In return I got the super heavy and strong 1ton frame I wanted, a 14boltFF rear and it came with a D44 up front and a 350/TH350/NP203 combo which I didn't need and landed up selling that for $750 alone and now I am still left with the HD Dana44 and some other parts that I don't need.

$200 is a great price....Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I've been needing a project,and this just sounded like a good start.I'm gonna strip it to the frame anyways and the body needs replaced.I kinda figured I could get $200 worth of parts off of it and still have an intact frame and running gear.

www.Kansasfourwheeling.8m.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you intend for the truck to be a project make sure befor you put any money in it other than the purchase price that you have a clear title.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts