Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20\" Neons mounted up to roof(cont. from rig pics)

Well, I figured I would not post anymore in that forum, since I had a different topic. I found some small bolts just the thickness of the ceiling carpet, so I do not have to drill a hole. Before finding the bolts, I thought: I will probably have this Jeep until it dies, fix it again, and wait till it dies again, so the holes will be filled by a screw forever. Now, I will bolt the neons up to the carpet with a plastic washer and nut so they wont fall.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob & 20" neons, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Re: 20\" Neons mounted up to roof(cont. from rig pics)

How heavy are they?? If they are really light, Wal-Mart sells these twist pins. They are just little spiral pins with push-pin heads on them. Spin 'em in and they could hold a little weight, I'm sure. I use them now to hold up the headliner and it looks like a neat fifties button-hold seat.

If I didn't have a Jeep, I wouldn't have a life.

'88 MJ SporTruck
Rebuilt 2.5L: 40 over rings, 10 on crank, 10 on bearings
nearing 400K

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

They are about .0125 lbs each. I have it looking ok and it will not come down unless I want them too. I put some downward pressure on them and the carpet moved, but they didn't move from the carpet. They're ok for a long long time.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob & 20" neons, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

G

·

if that is the original head liner, then it could start to droop any day. i have a cd changer hung overhead between the front seats so i could change cd's on the move. when i dropped the head liner for repair 4 yrs ago, i installed 2 2x.25 flat bars between the lip over the windshield and the dome light support. also wired for a different rear view that has the map lights under it,(removed from '89 cutlass)cliff

87 XJ

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

That's not a bad place for the changer. Does it skip alot? Do you have any pics of it?

1987 Jeep Cherokee Chief, sunroof, 3" lift, 31" tires, winch w/custom bumper. 170,000 miles.

G

·

sorry, no pics. it does skip some, but it is an older unit I bought used. 12 or 13 yrs I bought a premier (pioneer) head unit w/ tape and cd controller. then 5 or 6 yrs ago I found a guy up grading his system and made me a deal on the changer. I think a new and improved changer would be fine. Cliff

87 XJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.