Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2\" Spring pads anyone?

Well - I just ordered new front springs from Alcan - and he suggested going to 2" springs. So I guess the only modification I will need is the factory 2" spring pad with shock mount on it, right? I will also have to spread the rear hanger a bit as well - and new shackle for the front.

So...anyone have a pair of these laying around they want to get rid of?

TIA

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: 2\" Spring pads anyone?

IF YOUR STILL RUNNING A 27 OR A 30 YOU CAN USE THE STOCK SPRING PLATES FORM A 76-86 CJ .I CAN GET THEM NEW AND POSSIBLY HAVE SOME USED ONES IF YOU NEED .

THANKS RYAN

·
Registered
670 Posts

Ryan,

I'd also be interested in new spring plates. I'm using the old 1 7/8" plates with new holes drilled in it, but I'm afraid that they are too weak. How much do you think they will run?

Chris in Texas

·
Registered
147 Posts

i did some checking and i can order brand new oem replacements for 2" springs with the dana 30 they include the shock stud and will work for craddled applications the sell for $28.00 a pair i also can do custom lasered ones with or without shock stud in a 3/8 plate for right around $30.00 a pair the lasered ones are custom order i stock a few options but that way you can order what you want or need .

thanks Ryan www.THE-JEEP-GUY.COM

·
Registered
147 Posts

I DID SOME CHECKING AND I DONT THINK THE DANA 30 ONES WILL WORK FOR YOU GUYS WITH DANA 27'S AS THE ONE PERCH IS DIFERENT AND THROWS EVERYTHING OFF BUT CUSTOM ONES CAN BE MADE AND I'M LOOKING INTO IT AS I'VE HAD QUIT A FEW EMAILS REGAURDING THIS .

THANKS RYAN

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

I am using currie spring plates (for the Dana 30) on my 27. I had to drill the holes a little closer together (front-to-back) to fit the smaller u-bolts. The plates are below the springs, so I don't see how the different perch would prevent a Dana 30 spring plate from working. I did grind the axle housing a little to keep the spring center in the same place when I went from the 1-3/4" to the 2" springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.