Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one out there had problems with their 2.4 L head warping. After 8,000 miles mine has again warped. The last time the head had got really hot and the machine shop now thinks that the metalurgy of the head has changed and the head will continue to warp??? Any feed back will be appreciated. Thanx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ya, I have two z24`s that are in pieces because of warped heads. I think that most people have head problems because of improper
torqe procedures, and also failure to change the coolant every two years or so. I am in the process of rebuilding on right now and will
have the head totally rebuilt, never have heard of the metalurgy being changed. I have a friend that is an metalurgic engineer, I will ask
him the next chance I can. If I get a response I will post it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have asked the repair shop if they thought that it wasn't torqed properly. They think that that shouldn't have affected it. I'm with you and wonder if the engine builder messed up?????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is a good chance that the engine builder used a cheap head gasket, or did not instal it properly but I would also look into the
fact that the head could have been warped before the engine builder re-assembled the motor. The Z24 motors are know for warping
of the head. Have you ever overheated the motor? If you have there is a chance that the head could have been warped. If the head
was warped, the engine builder should have checked the head before assembly. Without alot of milage on a new motor and having
the head gasket go, I would be talking to the guy who built the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts