Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 92 4cyl 5sp 2WD Short Bed Nissan for my wife. We work on a cranberry farm with some rough roads and more than your regular share of Oregon Coastal mud... Her truck seems to have a faster ratio in 1st than what most other "work" trucks have... It is quick. Using 225-75R-15 tires but this situation exsisted when it had smaller 14" tires too... This puppy really scoots in first gear... Is this caused by a highway flyer rear end? Could it be swapped with another rear that is geared for off road work or am I barking up the wrong gearbox?
Nice truck inside and out with 79K miles. Complete with these big NEW Toyos and nice Toyota rims at only $3k (see pix, it's a honey). We are very happy but might be willing to swapout rears for a bit slower start in 1st...
Hope your weekend was as nice as ours...
Regards from The Oregon Coast,
Roy NN7DX

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
My 92 Nissan 4x4 has alot of pep in its stock setup, in fact in 4low it still seems to still be in 4high. I think it's a trait inherent in nissan .I've owned other trucks and the nissan gearing in all the diffs is more suited to fuel economy and speed than raw torque.- Just a thought from a fellow Oregonian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought my 97 Nissan and couple weeks ago and I am having to adjust to a very quick 1st and 2nd gear. It seems I am In 3rd before I hit 20-25mph. Its a little bothersome now, but I think it will even out , and help out, when I get bigger tires.

Later from the land of the Awesome "Carolina Gamecocks"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts