Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a really good deal on a factory terminated wiring harness from painless so i went with it. I am having a little trouble w/ one set of wires and the instructions aren't helping. I have a 78 CJ w/ stock everything. My question is: There is a green wire for coil -. And then 2 wires for coil +; one is brown and one is red w/ white. On the starter seleniod there are also 2 wires for the + coil connection; one brown and one red w/ white. Which set do i use?? Thanks a million- Tim

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
840 Posts
are you sure your not supposed to hook them both up sounds like the wires match in color try using both or call painless and see what they say

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive

G

·
You've probably figured it out...but methinks one is a ballast resister and one's the bypass...+ side uses both (ballast for running and bypass for starting)...i'm doing the painless now and have finishing the wiring...but no spark! I've got to do some digging around I suppose...only thing i've found so far is that if you contact the exciter wire (resistor) with your hand....it burns really bad....i can't believe those things get so hot...dangerous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts