Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a really good deal on a factory terminated wiring harness from painless so i went with it. I am having a little trouble w/ one set of wires and the instructions aren't helping. I have a 78 CJ w/ stock everything. My question is: There is a green wire for coil -. And then 2 wires for coil +; one is brown and one is red w/ white. On the starter seleniod there are also 2 wires for the + coil connection; one brown and one red w/ white. Which set do i use?? Thanks a million- Tim

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
You've probably figured it out...but methinks one is a ballast resister and one's the bypass...+ side uses both (ballast for running and bypass for starting)...i'm doing the painless now and have finishing the wiring...but no spark! I've got to do some digging around I suppose...only thing i've found so far is that if you contact the exciter wire (resistor) with your hand....it burns really bad....i can't believe those things get so hot...dangerous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.