Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a 3.0 back into my ranger just wanted to know if it is worth fixing up and will it do well off roading stock? Would i need to modify a lot of things to make it off road worthy? And also the 4 low isn't not working the 4 hi works but when put it in 4 lo don't hear a click at all or anything and pressed on the brake and nothing anybody have any info to help me out to see what the problem is

· Registered
2 Posts
Are you sure you not just shirting into neutral(push button?Lever?)If its a push button you have to shift up into park and then back into drive for low to work.The 3.0 isnt the best engine but it'll work.Its a 98 so I believe its still a ttb front axle,if so it'll do fine.There little truck and when set up they work great.I would look at better exhaust and a intake system so you get peak power for turning the tires.A 3 inch body lift is the cheapist way to lift but you cruise control and if you have a push button 4x will probly not work after installing.A 2 inch may be better but may not,I'm not sure.33s will be a great first step,something like procomp,toyo or bfg(a/t) will be best since they have a decent tread life.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.