Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1997 expedition with a 5.4 in it. I want to get into offroading and I have been looking into getting it lifted. The problem is, with most of the sites I look at, all of the kits are for expeditions w/o the auto air suspension, mine has that... I couldn't find anything on skyjacker or rancho. I also google'd it and got nada. Any Ideas? Also, does anyone have any performance mods they reccomend?
Thanks,
Hunter B.

· Registered
26 Posts
ok first things first. if you want to get into off-roadin i would recommend gettin like a crew cab pickup cuz i assume you have an suv for a reason, KIDS! but anyway lets deal with what you got. im pretty sure any lift kit for your vehicle will work. im pretty sure what you have is like the auto-ride in the chevy's. when they lift it they just removed those shocks and you no longer have that feature. shouldnt make to big of a difference.

now when you say performance mods what do you mean? are we talking 4-wheeling products or engine mods?

depending on how serious your gona get into wheelin i would recomend a locker and gears. if i had to choose between the two the locker would be the easy choice. its literally night and day. by far one of the best inventions ever.

for engine mods, **** theres so many. just look around on performace sites. most people these days get intakes, exhasut, and programmers. that is probably your best combination for power to dollar spent

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: 1997 expedition lift

You have a few options to lift your expedition. It'll cost a couple hundred to do it right, but its better than $1,400.
Like you, I HAD air suspension. I bought a conversion kit from Suncore industries, for about $500.
If you still have the air suspension, then you can add spacers that are about $80 a set for the back, and crank the torsion bars in the front. (its recommended to use new torsion bar lift keys ($125) rather than simply cranking the bars. Then you got 2". Next option is a 3" body lift ($169). And after seeing a friend do this to his expedition, its a perfect height for a daily driver, but beast enough for some Mean mud pits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.