Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need instruction on how to remove the door panel of a 1995 2 door Tahoe. The door handle broke and I need to get inside to see if I can fix it. I havent got a Chilton's manual yet but I will as soon as I can afford it

for now I need to get in there and see if it can be an easy fix. any info will be much appreciated

· Registered
1,154 Posts
look up the autozone.com repair guide, same as the repair manual

Basically, remove any screws you can see around the door handle, then get a flat tool (big screwdriver, putty knife, etc) and work your way around the outside edge of the door panel, prying until each pop fitting releases. You're bound to break a couple, but no big deal. You can replace them, or just not worry about them. Once all the pop fittings are undone, just lift the door panel out of the window track and get to work on the handle!

Now that i think about it, the trim piece around the outside of the door handle may come off seperately (snap fittings) or as part of the door panel. Either way, be patient, and you should be able to figure out how to get it apart!

good luck!

· Registered
4,738 Posts
personally i prefer the haynes manuals becasue they are written in a bit simpler manner, and they are about $15 so ya cant go wrong with them for most stuff. chiltons are arguably beeter though. at any rate, you'll have to remove the screws in the handle/arm rest thingy, then pull the trimming off of the door handle itself now you just have to pry off the pannel from the bottom. it has those one way christmass tree looking plastic fastners. bear in mind this might all be wrong. i know in 95 the new interiors came into play for the trucks, i just assuemd it'd be the same for the hoes

· Registered
112 Posts
I just did the installation of a new interior door handle for my 95 2 door Tahoe. The can walk you through the process if it is the inner door handle but I ado not know how to do the outer handle. Let me know

SERVORD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.