Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1-3/4" coil spring spacer kit for my 1993 ZJ. I was wanting to install it myself. Should I use a coil spring compressor or can I unhook the sway bar and the bottom of the shock and jack up the body, (the jack being under the frame of course) and releve the pressure on the coil spring enough to install the spacer ? Does the coil spring have a bracket or somthing holding it in place ?(just to see, I jacked the back end up under the hitch, with a floor jack and a 4x4 and raised it 22 inches from the floor and the tires were still on the ground). Any info on which way I should do it would be a great help. By the way I did a search and found no help. Thanks

·
Registered
553 Posts
In order to get those coils off, you need to jack it up on the axle, then put jackstands under the frame.
Remove the tires, then lower the jack and the axle probably won't go to the ground.
Unhook the shocks and sway bar.
Remove the coils, insert coil spacer, and assemble everything in the reverse order.
Not sure about the rear axle, but I would guess it is close to the same.
Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info redbeard, it makes sense, I was thinking,(well maybe I was'nt) I'm going to need one hell of a floor jack to get this mother up, even with the tires off. thanks again. PS nice bumpers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.