Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1990 bronco with the 5.8l V8. I have been looking at engine mods to make and was wondering what others have done and if you liked them. Mods I am considering are heads, headers, cam, and exhaust. I want the truck to be legal still as I have to pass emissions testing. I have a good background in engine mechanics and am looking for info on specific upgrades (i.e. manufacturer and model, part #) that will work well with either the stock computer or possibly an aftermarket chip. Any help would be appreciated. Also, as the name implies, I am a jeep fan, but not to the point where I don't appreciate other well equipped 4X4's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard good things about the Windsor Jr World Products heads. Cams, I have no idea. If you're really wanting to do a cam and heads you really should convert to mass air.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If you have the speed-density system, i suggest you do not change the cam, unless you are planning on getting a new chip burned, or go to Mass-Air.
Also, a custom chip probably wont produce enough results on a stock engine to be worth the expense, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
920 Posts
First Mod I do is get rid of the fiberglass top. This is my #1 wish Item. Then lock'em up, re-gear'em,put some 35's on have fun!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Biggest aftermarket mods for the motor around here I think is ignition products. I've seen alot of folks happy with just putting on an after market coil and spacing the plug gaps to .55. As TheJuice said, What kind of wheelin are you out to do? A prerunner is going to have different needs than a mud bogger or a crawler. NORM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts