Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 YZ 125 that has an electrical problems, it gets spark then dosent and i cant find any broken wires. I think it might be the cdi box or one of the coils but i dont know how to test it, If you know of any web sites with ways to test it and resistance values or if you know how to test it innput would be greatly apriciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, gotta love them voices in your head. What i would do is check all the wires, check the whole layout, electrical tape over all the connected wires just to be sure, that is what i did when my old four wheeler had that problem, and it worked fine.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a 1980 yz 80 that had the same problem for a while then it died altogether, it turned out to be the magnito was bad and hit the stator assembly, taking out the stators, it was pretty expensive to fix I think it was around $400.00 for a new mag. and stators

Ride hard, Lifes short

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Spray WD40 over all the electrican connections and make SURE that no wires are worn through.... if it still dosn't have a reliable spark....

...... You have a couple options.....
See if you can make the bike fit into one garbage can???

sell it to some chump??-could make for bad karma tho-

find another 1980 yz 125 and hope it has good spark....

Get another (hopefully newer?) dirtbike /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Good Luck!!

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
it needs just needs TLC....Tape Lubricant and Cursing!!!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i found the problem it was the main coil under the tank. we alose cleand the bullet conters. and it needed a littel TLC to. thanks daniel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i found the problem it was the main coil under the tank. we also cleand the bullet conters. and it needed a littel TLC to. thanks daniel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dude, am i still seein double??

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yes

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
yes

-VVickedVVarrior-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.