Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a CJ7 '81 with no lift and/or modifications, would a 15x10 wheel rub?
Thanks!!

Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I'm running 15x10 wheels with 31x10.50 tires (I know...the treat is smaller than the tire, but when you're poor...well) and mine rubbed the inside of the front fenders when I turned and was articulating. I plan on putting a set of 31x12.50 tires I got REAL cheap, and they will probably rub also.

Fritz

Jeep...need I say more?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm running 15x10's w/32 11.5 15 a/t's with no lift at all and I have never rubbed even during flex.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 84 cj7 Laredo /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Superior 1 piece, more to come...../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Depends on tire size, wheel offset, narrow or widetrack. For example I run 15x10 with 4" backspace with a 35x12.50 (SOA) and the fronts rubbed the shocks flexing a lot, and the rears rub the inside of the well (tub edge) again flexing a lot.
The tire shop I deal with will mount a tire on a wheel for me to look at and check for fit before I buy anything, you may try that. Doubt they will let you drive on them, but you can get a good idea looking at them on the ground if it will work.

pbm

74 CJ5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,locked f&r,SOA,MORE SRS buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.