Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Some of the 1/2 ton trucks came from the factory with a 14 bolt SF axle. The best I have been able to figure out is if it came from the factory with a manual transmission and granny gear (nv4500), it has a 14 bolt. I could be wrong.

I have a 95 3/4 ton light duty 2wd with 14b sf sitting in my back yard if that helps with the year model.

James

· Registered
4,738 Posts
as far as i knew it was part of a "heavy half" package that the trucks came with. this was sometimes referent to as a camper package due to the incrased GVWR that enabled owners to toss a camper in the bed of the truck. I'm not sure what the RPO code for the axle is. but i"ll bet that every 1500 with a GVWR over 6200# has the 14SF in it.

· Registered
7,805 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Jason Payne (willyswanter) was machining up a 6 lug unit with disc brakes at one point. I'm not sure if it went into service or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats old school, heres the new:

Billet 6061-T6 solid one piece 6 lug 14FF hubs. Mmmm purty.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You tha man Jason, them are sexy.

2005CJ7, to answer your question, look for '88-98 K2500s with 6 lugs, they all have the 14sf. I think they're the <8600 GVWR trucks. Also, any K1500 that's got two specific RPO codes will have it, Z71 and the heavy chassis package. Do a search in the archives, long time ago the guys & gals determined what the other RPO was, it's in there somewhere.

· Registered
1 Posts
far as i know there is no stock 14 bolt with 6 lugs. all were 8 lug. but i could be wrong, some strange make and model may have 6 lugs. but most are 8.
88/89 heavy half with the 6.2 diesel had the 6 lug 14 bolt it was my best friend uncle and I wanted it since 99ish and the truck was best to hell but I believe he's still driving it around the farm
So I would look for the rare diesel 1500 like I came a cross a 95 z71 with the 6.5 if I wasn't broker then than I am now I would of bought if

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.