Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these at wal-mart, little 110 plugs with 2 wires that once connected to your battery allow you to run a 110 device, is this possible? I alway thought that you needed a power converter to run 110 off of a battery? These aren't the kind that you plug into your cig lighter, although they look very similar, are these for very light use? I'm thinking of wiring a couple in the cab so I can plug some little space heaters for the winter. Is this a good idea?
Need some feedback before I buy them.

87 wrangler - 258

·
Registered
543 Posts
i would doubt they would have enough poop to run a space heater. they're good for boom boxes, a trouble light, anything else that doesnt require too much.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
By the time you get one of those inverters big enought to run a space heater in the Jeep, you've spent a whole lot of money on the iverter, a bigger alternator to power the inverter and the lines to the the plug and the plug.

Hey, I was thinking the other day when I was reading my latest JCW catalog... open to the Mobile Home section... about using a Propane fired mini-furnace built into the center console of a CJ... and having the Propane bottle in the back only in the Winter time.... so in Early Spring you switch your center console to the Tuffy, and in the Late Fall you re-install you're "Special" console. Now that'd keep the CJ warm! And one $3XX.00 Model will fit right in!

Yeah, I know... I'm nutz....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.