Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '92 sammie engine in my zuki, a 1298(G13B I believe). I've been seeing all of the positive comments on the Swift 1298GTI block and I'm wondering, are these the SAME engines? My ole' ladies zuki has a knocking lower end and I'm wondering if she should rebuild the 1324 or get one of the swift shortblocks. I love my 1298 and if'n they are the same engine, I want her to have one!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Hmmm I was about to possibly put my foot in it here.

Did suzuki change the engine config around 92? certainly the earlier 1324 is not the same as a Swift GT. Different crank, rods, pistons. dispalcment. The later Swifts were G13K's some early ones were marked G13B (some, or all, 89's for sure).

The swift had higher compression and the double overhead cams, and made 101 HP injected. Thats quite a jump from the zukes 65. I'm not sure what puting a zuk head on will do tothe HP. I would expect similar HP to the zuke the head came off of, assuming stock cam and intake.

Any one else have feed back on this? Sarge?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
what I dont understand is the claims of high horspower and tork from the gti block and sammy head if it is the same bore and stroke as the samurai the only difference would be the compression and that can be compensated for as well the only other thing i see is the cti is stronger and may have more rotating mass

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Dual overhead cam makes all the HP difference.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the fact that the lower end is much better designed, as well as the rods. So the GTI Swift motor is a G13K, but is the short block basically a G13B with a different head? I'll be putting a 1.6 head on it with a modified intake, carb, exhaust and ignition(dual point). Also I NEED this info because I can find swift's all over, but finding a 1298 Zuki (sammie) motor around here would be like trying to find chickens teeth!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is the bell housing the same or different being a FWD? I know I sound as though I'm not listening, but if I miss one question, it might be the most important one! Thanks for the info so far though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.