Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i picked up my 10.25FF out of a 88 f 250 with the right ratio for $150. its missing drums, but i have another complete 10.25 i can use for parts out of my dads old truck(spindle is screwed up on it)
damm, the detroit's almost $600 for this baby, and since it doesnt get to man ymiles a year, the spool wont be too bad in the rear, and i think the 35 splines can handle it.
anybody know a company that makes a spool? ive read with one truck that had one on the net this morning, but did not say the company, and im having a hard time finding one.
im considering welding but.........
so what would you guys do?

G

·
I'd weld it if you wanna go that route (ie spool). My buddy in Colo Springs welded his, but didnt' have time to 'wheel it much after that, so can't provide much more info

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm looking too. I couldn't find a spool either. The best price I got on a Detroit was $575. And I'm not about to weld it, I drive it on the street. Oh well....no trophy at the mud bog this year.

G

·
Yep, that's one drawback of the 10.25, parts are more expensive. For that much money for a Detroit you could consider an ARB, if you like that idea. I don't wanna start another tiring ARB vs Detroit debate, just pointing out that in this instance the prices are nearly comparable (excl compressor).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts