Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think. Are 1 ton axles overkill. I am planning on dana 60 front ff 14 bolt rear and tbi chevy 350 for my CJ7. Some guys in my club think it a great idea while other think it is stupid. I run mud and rock, from tellico to midwest mud to moab, colorado, and new mexico, so I want something that can run it all without breaking. So will this be overkill. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it really depends on what size tire you are running. you can run up to 36in rubber on properly equiped d44s with no trouble. to make best use of the axles you plan to run you would need to be running 38-40in to make up the lost ground clearance of the larger diffs.

dan
build 'em don't buy 'em
why is there no mazda thread?
I feel left out.:p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I didn't include tire size. I'm thinking 38in at least, possible 44in. Any smaller and I would be worse offroad. Thanks for pointing that out dan.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like Blackjack, the only disadvantage I can think of is loss of ground clearance, and maybe additional weight. But, with the size tires you are planning on using, sounds like a plan to me.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.