Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang .. Can I put a 1.3 head and intake with a webber on a 1.6 shortblock and plan on it running ? I have all these parts and was hoping it would work .. Anyone ?

· Registered
160 Posts
I'm slowly gathering parts for this conversion now, from what i understand you will need the crank and cam pulleys from the 1.6 due to differences in the teeth (rounded vs squared)as welll as the 1.6 engine adapter,
I dont remember off the top of my head what to do with the Alt\waterpump pulleys but otherwise the rest will be good to go.

1.6 head has bigger exhaust valves for better flow so ya might wanna think about a 1.6 head.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
Yep, bolts right up. You will need the 1.6 cam and crank gears as well as the timing belt covers from the 1.6L. It has a higher deck hieght than the 1.3L. I ran this setup on my first sammy and liked it a lot. Very torqey.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping that the 1.3 head would bolt on .. It should raise the compression as well actually enhance torque (a smaller port with a smaller valve will increase the port velocity (speed of the air)), although it will kill off some top end .. Who needs top end in a sami anyway ;o) ??Cool, I'll let you know how it works .. Thanks guys !!

· Registered
1,207 Posts
No problem, I think you'll be happy. It works nice. Still gives a big increase in power, one you can feel.

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much can I mill the head and not screw with bent valves ? Will the timing belt tensioner handle the slack after milling the head ?

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm not sure about how much you can shave before contact occurs. The tensioner should have no problem taking the slack. You could always elongate the adjuster slot if need be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.