Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a kit or something that would allow me to put a larger alternator on my tracker or is there a direct replacement that would be better than OE? I have a pretty large stereo and wanna add a light bar but the tracker just can't handle it stock. Thanks to all in advance...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody at all? It's a 2.0L. Even if someone could tell me what alt. might work, I could get a start there. Thanks again...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
over here we typically use the 100 or so amp GM (general motors) alternators although they have problems they can be found cheap allmost anywhere (here) most of there problems are related to the high rpms of the import motors. over there you might have better luck finding a bosh alternator

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it just a strait bolt on? Also, what alternator should I look for? Like what car/engine should I be looking at?

Thanks...........

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
that link to roadless gear should give you an idea even though it is for the samurai many vendors sell the nessary bracket (I beleive) I dont have a part # for the alt but I would think the manufacture of the bracket could give you that info.

more info http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=offroadsuzuki&Number=1014813&Forum=offroadsuzuki&Words=turnbuckle&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=250&Old=allposts&Main=1014709&Search=true#Post1014813

more including the turnbuckle tentioner http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=offroadsuzuki&Number=753096&Forum=offroadsuzuki&Words=turnbuckle&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=250&Old=allposts&Main=748925&Search=true#Post753096

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, thanks for all of the info. So this should work for the newer 2.0L? Also, does anyone know what kind of amps this one is pushing on my tracker? Don't know for sure if I listed it but I have an 03 with the DOHC 2.0L. Thanks again to all...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
call brent at www.trailtough.com he makes alternator brackets at least for the 1300 and 1600. he is very fimilar with the other suzuki motors and if he isnt allready making brackets for your motor. I am shure he could set you up with somthing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts