Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have this Quad that I have a interesting quirk to it. When cold and i go to turn on the engine the display is dead nothing happens wont turn over the winch wont work nothing after letting it sit with the key in the run position for a few minutes the display will light up and then its good to go. It has bean doing this for 4 years it has bean getting longer every year too( the time it takes the display to light up). Its worse in the winter. I figure it had to do with a loose wire maybe? but it looks like a rats nest of wires.

Also my speedo quit working last winter. I herd that that is a electronic thing that sometimes goes?

Any ideas? I would sure appreciate it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
may I know what winch do you own? common brands are Smittybilt winch or Warn. anyway, if you already checked the wires and nothing is loose, then the problem might be in the contactor block. it doesn't make any connection from the battery to the winch.
try to do a manual bypass to the contactor block make sure the winch goes in/out. You might need to replace the contactor block in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts