Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a car show and there was this bronco 85' with 2" lift and 3"body lift, 5.8L EFI w/ mass air conv. Everything chrome and he said that he could do 0-to-60 in 9 seconds. I didn't believe him. The engine was stock except for a mild cam, msd ignition, and the mass air thing. I told him to bring his truck when the show was over and lets see who has the best time me or him. Never showed. But anyhow, I never timed how fast a heavy as$ bronco could go anyone ever tried it? If i had to guess I would say about 13-15 secs. He was running 35" BFG's and 4.88 gears by the way. The paint job was awesome Two-tone gray/black with BRONCO airbrushed on the doors and hood. Very clean. But the KID was full of alot of bull. Maybe I'm wrong but 9sec seems like it would be too quick for the setup he had. but nice truck. Oh Ya, he wouldn't let me take pictures of it, That's why I challenged him I don't care if I would of won or not Just to rub his nose in his own sh!t would of been nice.

Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!

G

·
I think it's possible. Maybe 9.9....but still possible. He's running a lot of tire, but has the steep gears to make up for it. If he had all those componants and exhaust, I would have to say yeah. Remember, with your stock gears you are probably running 3.50's...but when you go to 4.88's I'd have to say that's do-able.
-mike

G

·
The gears would let him launch better, so 9 sec. is possible. Stock Broncos posted 17 sec 1/4 times in the mags. I used to read. I would be curious as to his current time.

G

·
Ive seen right ups on 94/95 broncos doing 0-60 in about 10secs and after some exhaust, ignition mods and stuff did the run in about 9.4 secs or so. Perhaps with a cam and some head work a guy can get down to around 9.0 secs.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't think it was impossible, but not with his set up! 9 sec is fast for a mildly modified Bronco.

Backyard Builder-If I ain't drivin it I'm under it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.