Breeze drop link shackles - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Breeze drop link shackles

I am probably going to dump my long (8") shackles now that I have my 3" calmini springs. I wanna buy some of those Breeze drop link shackles and put those on and run a set of 30 x 11.5 Super Swamper SX's. Breeze says they will increase your RTI up to an additional 350 points. So my question is what kind of Drive line mods and extended brake lines do you all think I will need to run to take full advantage of the flex. FYI I am still SPUA.

87 Samurai JX- S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust. 2" lift shackles, 3" calmini springs, 30-9.50 Wild Cats
It didn't look that deep, or I wouldn't have told you to go on through........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 06:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Breeze drop link shackles

Shawn,
I would think that a 1"spacer would work on what you want to do. Call Tim and ask him what he thinks,he should be able to give you an answer. If you have poly bushings you're going to need to take some off of the outside of the bushings because they're a real bear to get on because the poly bushings are larger than the stock rubber bushings.
ROB

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 08:38 AM

Shawn, if you are running 3" Springs SPUA, then you only need the 6.75" BL extensions, they are $11 each. As far as the DL Spacers, put the DLS's on, then flex it out and see how much engagement you have left. We have a lot of people running them SPUA, and I have not heard anyone needing spacers yet. I think you should focus more on your shocks and mounts, as it does no good to increase the ability to flex in one area if something else is going to stop it. We have the DLS's in stock as well as the BL extensions, shock mounts, whatever your particular situation might need.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 01:07 PM

Sorry... But what are drop link shackles and how do they improve your flex?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 07:12 PM

Drop Link Shackles are Breeze's version of folding shackles. They allow far more axle droop as they open up when needed extending twice as long as a fixed length shackle. You just need to make sure brake lines and shocks will allow for the additional travel.

TGT - NCO

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 08:08 PM

They sound like a very good idea then. I'll look further into it, thanks!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 08:39 PM
graydiger

They work pretty good but with the poly bushings you have to trim the polys a bit and not tighten the shackle bolts too tight. I have them on the back now and as soon as I get done painting up another rear set to put on the front i'll be calling Tim at NCO for a set for the front.

Don

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 10:04 PM

Actually, the Drop Link Shackles work best with factory rubber bushings. They ride better and you get more flex from your suspension. Polys are very stiff, and are designed to limit movement in the bushings. This is why they make sports cars handle so much better in the turns as they limit body roll. Of course these are control arm bushings primarily, and not so much leaf spring bushings. The factory rubber bushing last a very long time, and if they have a slight egg shape in the whole at the top, just rotate them 180 degrees, and all is well as long as they aren't dried out and split.

TGT - NCO

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2001, 10:39 PM
graydiger

Tim I've got a question? when you move your rear springs up front I don't need to buy a spring relocating kit do I? I thought I would just have to use the dls's and make some kind of bump stop for them and maybe pull off my 1" driveline spacer and put on a 2" extended driveline, is this what you would suggest. Thanks, Don

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2001, 02:40 AM

What are the major advantages of moving the front forward? Just gaining 1" of wheelbase?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode