roll cage? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2001, 08:36 PM
sandcars

roll cage?

Now that my "chick magnet" has been raised, I think it's time for a roll cage. I would like to have a 6 pt cage that covers the back as well as the front. I would also like to keep all my factory parts (i.e. the targa top). I have looked at the cage from petroworks and it looks like it may fit the bill. But so does the one from calmini. I am not a welder nor do I know one so the bolt on sounds good to me. Does anyone have or know anyone that has the petroworks cage? Can I keep my cars body intact? Is there another option that I am missing?
Thanks.

2001 Ford F250 crew cab 4x4, 88 zuk, 5 inch calmini lift,rock crawler t-case,
SandCars Unlimited 4 seat long travel rail w/2275 vw. Which toy today??? KEEP GLAMIS OPEN!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 11:01 AM

Re: roll cage?

Larry harris (guru of izook) has put one in his rig

here is the write up of it

http://www.izook.com/tech/sportcage/petroworkscage.htm

you can email him and ask him questions about it...

me personally I have a davesport cage in mine.... and I really like it, and have no desire to test it out....

Rich_D
If you do not expect the unexpected, you will not find it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 12:31 PM

Re: roll cage?

I've got a Davesport cage in mine and am happy with it. I haven't had to test it yet though. I just had a guy I know do the welding (I've got a welder also, but he does it for a living).

I can run the targa bar with no problems and the rear "family" hoop works as the rear support for the soft top. I went with this one because I liked how the front hoop uses straight tubing going to the floor unlike the Petroworks cage. It also has the dash bar for added lateral support. I also like how the rear supports mount to the corners behind the wheelwell instead of on the wheelwell. It's a PITA to get the hole drilled but has a lot of support since it mounts into a section where many body seams tie together.

I am currently planning on adding a bar behind the front seats for 5 pt harnesses and adding a spreader bar for side protection when the doors are off.

Mark
1986 Suzuki Samurai soft-top
1999 Toyota Tacoma
http://home.attbi.com/~rokzuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode