4.3 help please! which exhaust??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 11:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

4.3 help please! which exhaust???

i' m puttin a 4.3 v-6 chevy in the buggy thing. i got it out today with alot of help from ppillard. anyway, i set it in place and the exhaust manifolds seton top of the frame rails. major problem!!! which manifolds are u guys using? or are u using headers? if so, where do i get em.
thanx guys

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 07:06 AM

Re: 4.3 help please! which exhaust???

I used the tubular type manifolds that come on '85 Chev Impala, and Pontiac Parisienne, with a 4.3. Both sides use drivers side manifold, the pass. side is mounted reverse. I cut and welded the tubes to clear the frame. HTH.

[email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 08:47 AM
Keyboard Implanted

What about the hugger headers? I think that I've seen some in Jegs will allow you to use it in very tight areas (like the ZUks engine bay). I'll have to dig up my mags. and I'll see what I can find after I eat some food! Later

<font color=blue>-Brian</font color=blue>

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 04:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

THANKS FOR THE INPUT SO FAR BUT KEEP EM COMING. i'm lookin for a bolt on fix. me and cast don't get along!
a source on blockhuggers would make me very happy!!!

87 sammy (RAIL BUGGY) PROJECT 50 % complete. isuzu/chevy luv motor, auto tranny, 2 t-cases nissan/zook 7.5:1,tube chassis,4link vw rabbit coils rear,36"tsl's, 1/2 ton GM axles welded.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 06:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The exhaust manifold you want will depend upon how high you mount you engine in the frame.My 4.3 is mid-80s and sits low and is very tight.My trail mate has his 4.3 sitting higher in the frame and has zero clearence problems.I hope this helps,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 06:45 PM

Its not completely bolt on, but you can buy header flange kits that that come with both flanges, and aprox 2 inches of tubing already attached. You can build and run your tubing to exact fit your vehicle. Here is a link to see them,

http://www.headersbyed.com/header.htm

but im not familiar with this company at all, just did a quick search on the net. If these flanges run to much, you can also just buy a set of v 6 headers, and cut the tubing on them off, leaving a small amount to weld your own tubing to. Im sure if you looked around, you could find these flanges much cheaper than what this company is charging, as their prices look like they are more than what complete headers can be purchased for.

Jim

88 sami 4.5 spoa. Breeze shackles, rears up front, cjs rear, 2 inch body lift. 33 12.50's... toyota engine/tranny on the hoist.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 09:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks dude, i checked out the sit but u r right. he's freeekin crazy on price. what does lightening conversions use??? and has anyone got pics showing how high the motor is sittin in the frame?? thanks again.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2001, 10:06 PM

back in 1998 or 99 i got some info in the mail directly from suzuki lightning conversions. they wanted $100.00 ea for the "special manifolds". prices may have changes since but that is what i was quoted at the time. jerry

post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey bro! I talk with Alan at Lightning about once4 a week or so. I stop in to see how he is getting along on his latest projects. If you still need info on the headers they use, let me know here. I don't have his number handy, I'll get it later and send it to you.

Neal the Zukiguy

post #10 of (permalink) Old 12-19-2001, 02:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Suzuki Lightinig uses custom built stuff. They have a source that makes'em for them. Their phone# is: 813-963-7278

or

http://www.suzukiconversion.com

A friend of mine made his own due to the same problem that you are having. I'll check with him for more specifics if you would like. Just let me know.

Go Big! If not in your ride, in your heart!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode