what springs should i get? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

what springs should i get?

howdy,
should i buy the emu springs or the national spring? any one running these? i'm looken for a better ride, with out the toothloss i have now.

Thanks fer your time,

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 06:52 PM

Re: what springs should i get?

I'm not runnin either, but from what I understand the OME springs provide the cushiest ride. Nationals are good springs though, I don't think they are quite as soft.

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust. 2" lift shackles, 30-9.50 Wild Cats
2000 Chev Tracker 235/75 wild cats
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 07:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what i am looking for also is a better ride with out more lift , been looking into rear springs up front.
But havent got a stright answer on wether it will add lift or not, Witch one is it ? I just want to go to the pick-a-part and get rear springs , take off the overload and put them on. It seems to me the front has to be heavier than the back ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 07:43 PM
graydiger

Same here trying to get a soft ride without losing anything offroad I dropped the air pressure a lot and that helps alot but a little more gas to make it go but I am in the process of cleaning up and painting a set of rears for my front should start install maybe this weekend right now i'm working on installing some 4"x4" steel rocker gaurds which should be awsome and only cost about $90 bucks to make, Take Care Don

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 09:59 PM

I have got the OME springs all around, greasable Bone shackles and polyurethane bushings and really like them. They provide a small lift over stock, enough to go 30" while still spua. I don't have a rock crawler, just fire trail/logging road and daily driver.

-Farther
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 10:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually.....bone stock, the weight distribution was 50/50.......that is WITHOUT all the stuff we add to them.....My rear has become much heavier than my front....until I get the winch!
Hope this helps

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I never used OME, but ran 3 inch Nationals for years. And now that I've done a spring over...I kinda miss them! They worked great. Never had a problem with them. And they are "softer" than stock, mostly I think because there is some room for compression. Stock suspension had only about 1 inch of compression before the front bottomed out. I would highly recommend the Nationals. It was an install em and forget em. The kind of modification I like!
Hope this helps

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 01:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We've run both for many years. Its a tough call on which to pick. If you want to call me, I can go over the nuances of each of them with you if you like.
888-801-7271

http:// www.rocky-road.com

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 01:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We've run both for many years. Its a tough call on which to pick. If you want to call me, I can go over the nuances of each of them with you if you like.
888-801-7271

http:// www.rocky-road.com

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-02-2001, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i think i'm leaning toward the emu springs. i want a soft ride and very little lift. right now i'm 6.5 spoa lift with shackles. i am runnig 33's with plenty of room. i us my sammi for mudding, and driving around in style in the summer. i know that if i go with springs that i will be looken to find a solution to the short driveshaft blues. and i'm still in the proess of gearing, i'm look to go with 5.16 front and rear. i don't want to crawl because i don't want a tralior queen. but in all good time, it winter; and i have time. springs, gears, then driveshafts in that order. any ideas or knowledge, please send them my way.

Thanks fer your time,

Jimmie & MONZUKI

"God doesn't have to hand out brains everyday."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode