A RRO question for the Forum - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

A RRO question for the Forum

Ok, this is hard to ask, just cuz I know that everyone has their opinion and express it quite loudly sometimes, but
here goes..

I have noticed that everytime Glenn from RRO makes a post there are several people who jump allover what is said
to totally rip it apart or $h!t all over it.

I just wanted to know why everyone feels the way they do.
So just to keep this from being a blood bath, you can email your responces to me if you would like.
again, I am not wanting to put down anyone, so BE KIND IN YOUR RESPONCES...
[email protected]

I have had several buisness and technical support dealings with several aftermarket companies.
I personal preferr RRO, trail tough, wheelers, spidertrax, Breeze, and Aftermarket4x4.
There are several companies I have not dealt with.
I am sure they are really good, the ones I have not dealt with.

I have bought several things from RRO and have been extreemly impressed with the Stout heavy duty build of thier
stuff, and they have been Extreemly patient and helpful with any questions I have had.
I have really enjoyed the engineering that went into their lift I put on my rig.

like I said, I am not knocking ANY Company.
I just wanted to know Why....
I don't see this kind of "beat up" being thrown at any other company on this BBC board.

Glenn I hope you don't mind me asking.....but this has really been buggin me, so I am asking.
and guys, don't beat me up for asking, ok....

shees, this took me over an hour to carefully think through.
thanks,

Rich_D
If you don't do anything, How do you know when you are done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 11:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: A RRO question for the Forum

I think it is because glenn puts others products down to build his up....that is what i get out of it...he is very kowledgable and an asset, just think others get frustrated when someone mentions they are not buying his products and he rips them....my .02 worth

Drive fast and take chances.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 12:25 PM

i have never purchased anything from glenn but he still answers my questions i have evertime without hasation.

RUN IN TO YOU LATER ,and yes if you dont no it buy now i cant spell LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 01:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Glenn is a good guy, he even called my house 2 times about the project that I'm working on and I didn't buy anything from him, he just gave me good info and helped me out in any question I had. Then after he came out with the rear up front kit, I went ahead and got it. Its just nice to know that he called my house after I talked to a person that didn't know the answer to my question. The owner of Wheelers Off-road is the same way, very nice guy, answered all my questions and called me about my bumber that he custom made for me. Anyway, just my .02 on this...

<font color=blue>-Brian</font color=blue>

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 01:58 PM
graydiger

I had to get registered just because I had to let you all know my experience with rocky road in may 2001 I bought my samurai just for playing and the first vender I could find for a decent lift was rro so I bought it but they were out of stock on the z-bar for a couple of weeks but glenn said he had the rest of the kit and he would get it out that day so I could get started on it, after a week no kit so I called glenn back and he said oh you want the kit sent minus the z-bar and sent it for real this time well three months of numerous calls and empty promises of getting an already paid for z-bar I requested my money back and that was a whole new game with rocky road and another two weeks of phone calls but I finally got my money back and will never buy anything from rocky road again which is to bad because I like their products I just did'nt like their crappy service. but it was a good thing because I researched a lot more and decided on the breeze crossover steering from northcoast offroad and it's awsome! Take Care Don

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Don (graydiger)
When I bought my lift from them, they too were out of stock on the Zlink.
But I remember they never charged my account till the day they shipped something to me...

Rich_D
If you don't do anything, How do you know when you are done?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 02:38 PM

So far I haven't bought anything from any of the vendors exept Rick Hawk from Hawk Stricktly Suzuki. He was great it's a three hour+ drive down to his shop. He always helps me diagnose problems and lets me bs with him for awhile. I have also spoke with Wheelers off road once and he was really helpful. I called RRO with a tech question and they were very helpful. I have been on this board for a little while and I haven't seen glenn tear anybodys project up. Of course he's gonna want you to buy from his company. As far as I'm concerned he is the number 1 source for Samurai build-ups. GLENN don't worry about what some of these guys have said. Your technical expertise on this board has been invalueable and you WILL NEVER be able to please everyone. I would just like to take the time to THANK these guys like GLENN, TJTACKETT from North Coast Off road, the guys from Asian auto parts, Trail tough products reps, and the other vendors who take time out of their day to check the BBS and help us get our rigs back on the trail.

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust. 2" lift shackles, 30-9.50 Wild Cats
2000 Chev Tracker 235/75 wild cats
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 03:10 PM
I Do This For The Glory

That does it. I'm not buying anything from any of you people, I'm making my own.

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh wait, I'm doing that anyway...nevermind.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 03:34 PM

Glenn's been great on techincal advise! He knows Samurais and I'll give him credit for that. I've only ordered one thing from him. He traded me 4 stock draglinks for 2 rear spring sets up front. It's been 2 weeks and I know he's received his links. I'm just waiting for the rear up front kits. I know they're on their way so I'm not bugging him[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 16V eventually)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2001, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast

I don't understand it, He's always answered any questions and gave me decent delivery dates except for my z-link but i did order it the day before the melt so it was understandable

88 W/Calmini 5" & 325x60-15BFG M/T Hawk Hybrid Axle W/5.12 and Petroworks GRS-II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode