Pa Wheelers??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

Pa Wheelers???

awhile back when i first stumbled my way here i had a guy message me about goin wheelin sometime..im in williamsport PA. I am more then anxious to get my stock sammy out there to see what it can do...so if anyone wants to go wheelin and your near williamsport shoot me an email or something.

Jason

ICQ# 18103928
AOL IM: Freebird01JM
83 F250 4x4 (For Sale!!)
66 Bronco
87 Samurai
Feel free to message me anytime!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 10:09 PM

Re: Pa Wheelers???

Jason,
I live near Tunkhannock. I wheel a lot in the Scranton area. Not a lot of wheeling goin on right now, but I have a friend who lives near Dushore that owns some property up there that we can wheel on. I'll let you know of any runs coming up. Would you be willing to goto Scranton or Hazelton? You would be amazed at what your Samurai can do.

Jeff

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 10:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Shenandoah (not sure how far it is from Williamsport) and I try to get out every weekend. Unfortunately my Dodge has a slipping clutch and a loose steering box, very loose steering box. The clutch I can deal with. I've been getting around to fixing for the last 5 or 6 weeks. Anyway, I used to love going out to Blackwood. A couple of weeks ago somebody posted a message saying that the cops have been harassing people. I don't know what the deal is with that. If your in this area its a must see. I'm going to make an honest attempt to fix the box this week. How's the wheelin up (down) in Williamsport?

If you see a truck coming down the road and you start to vomit because it's so ugly, you know it's mine. That's a 78 Power Wagon in case your wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

scranton is cool...my dad lives off of river street. most of my family on my moms saide also lives around hazelton so im a little familier around that area. i dont get up there often but i can take a weekend and come up sometime. just let me know.

williamsport wheeling sucks...ive found a little bit of game land roads but thats it...nothing worth traveling for. Ive heard alot about blackwoods...and its over run with motorcycles and 4 wheelers. i used to go to a place near pine grove called "old state road" but thats been closed down too.

ICQ# 18103928
83 F250 4x4 (For Sale!!)
66 Bronco
87 Samurai
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 09:13 AM

As soon as I finish remolding my kitchen I'll get in touch with you to set up a ride. I'm only an hour away, in fact we go to the Lycoming mall pretty often. There is always someone going on a ride every weekend here so it should be no problem getting a few guys together for a run. The trails around here are some of the best in the area, people come from all over to wheel here. Check out my profile and click on my homepage address. Go to my photos section there are some pics there of the first time I took my zuk offroad and a few pics of the guys I wheel with.

Matt Schiccatano

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

if you get to lycoming mall on a tuesday,thursday or friday stop in at Grizzly and ask for me in the showroom....i am one of the techs in there. i drive a black 87 tin top with a bug shield and roof racks

J

ICQ# 18103928
83 F250 4x4 (For Sale!!)
66 Bronco
87 Samurai
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 11:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where are the good places to go in Scranton? I thought Scranton was all city and highways. Hazleton has tons of good wheelin. They even have their own off-road park (Paradigm or something like that.) Have you ever been to Blue Knob or the Brickyard? What about Humbolt? I've found some wicked trails out there. I have just one thing to say, Blackwood Rules. It's not just the four wheeling, it's the whole experience. Whenever I go there, something different always happens. There's no such thing as a boring night there. I don't know. Didn't get a chance to fix my truck yet. Maybe by the weekend. Just my one cent.

If you see a truck coming down the road and you start to vomit because it's so ugly, you know it's mine. That's a 78 Power Wagon in case your wondering.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2001, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Can't Get Enough

nope never heard of those places.....ive wheeled old state road, kernsville dam in hamburg, and state gamelands up here along with a few mud pits...not alot of crawlin though....id like to get out more now that i got the sammy...it is a little better to drive at the moment then my 66 bronco. The bronco doesnt like long trips..and as soon as i find a garage to do the work its getting a new engine and tranny.

Pa guys feel free to message me on icq or aol IM...

ICQ# 18103928
83 F250 4x4 (For Sale!!)
66 Bronco
87 Samurai
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 08:27 AM

Yo... I'm near Philly... I've been thinking about places to off-road my stock 88(early) Zuk... Scranton and Hazleton are only about 2 1/2 hours away... Please keep me posted at [email protected] or better still, give an e-mail address or web-site for off-roading PA-style!!! By the way, is there a Pennsylvania Zuk club???

LeeClark
1988 (early) Suzuki Samurai
"Life is what you make it... make it worthwhile"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2001, 09:13 AM

Hey freebird I order stuff from Grizzly for work every so often. I bought a couple dust collectors and a bandsaw for our motorhome plant. Have you ever been to Knobels Grove amusement park? I live only 10 min. from it. Maybe I'll take a ride up with the wife to the mall on a friday and stop by to see ya! Where is Grizzly at in Williamsport? Did you check out the pics on my webpage? What do you think of that rocky poleline? It's a lot steeper then what the picture looks. I'll keep in touch.

Matt Schiccatano

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode