Hi-Tech resollution.....and I'm not pleased! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Hi-Tech resollution.....and I\'m not pleased!

Well, I just got off the phone with Rick from Hi-Tech. In a nutshell, my tires (bought in April 2001) have developed a defect that won't allow them to spin true. This is, as speculated by Rick, belt separation. Being that I'm nearly halfway through my warranty, it'll cost me $110 to replace all four tires. Bugger! I'm not too happy with this as I only have about 9000 miles on them.
I looked at their website again and didn't see anything regarding the warranty. On the back of my sales receipt it states "....Warranty does not cover damage to vehicles due to causes other than the retreading process such as belt failure."
Just venting...... and maybe informing some folks....
I'm really happy with they performed despite this problem. I'm less than pleased with this resollution. I suppose there is little to do but buck up and bite the bullet.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 03:43 PM

Re: Hi-Tech resollution.....and I\'m not pleased!

Thanks for the Heads UP, Just one more vender to add to my DO NOT PURCHASE List......

Rich_D
If you don't do anything, How do you know when you are done?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Please know that bashing them isn't my intent. I suppose I'm more venting than anything, but I do feel that I haven't been given a fair shake in this instance....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I stand corrected regarding the warranty on their website. It's in fine print and not exactly the same as on the receipt. Just want to be fair about it....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 04:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey crow, thanks for the heads up. know you werent bashin em, just informin us. for """"MY""" uses though, i will buy new ones, retreads from them would be fine for a trail rig, based on the info you just shared with us. i agree, you arent getting a fair shake dont sound like. thanks again.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 05:26 PM

This is all 4 tires? That's really odd. What are the casings from? I think I'd be a little more persistant if it's happening in all four tires! Tell him that 1 unhappy customer today will cost him at least 10 potential customers tomorrow. If you want, I'm sure a couple of other past customers can call him up with concerns about out tires... This might make him a little more willing to help.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 16V eventually)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Yep, all 4 tires. I've calmed down enough to properly do the math. In actuallity, I've used up 38% of my warranty...so 38% of 163.96 would be $62.31. Am I to be responsible for shipping? I hope not. $62.31 is far better and easier to swallow than $110.
Am I knit picking?
If this sounds reasonable, I'll send him a M/O for it and a wonderful letter.
In my huff, I had included shipping in my $110 figure.
Any thoughts on this? All I'm looking for is a fair shake and not something for nothing.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 05:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

so, for $110 you will have 4 new tires retreads to your door? or will you have to pay shipping on the new/replacement tires too? if its $110 and your done with it with replacements to your door, it sounds much better than the impression i got to start with.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 06:11 PM

Since I'm running retreads too I'm curious about the cases. What are the retreads on?

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 16V eventually)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats a Big 10-4, Crow, I was going to literally purchase tires from them this week....now I thinks I'll just get Origional manufactures....lQQkin at BFG, long trails, I have them on my Rodeo and love them

Drive fast and take chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode