geez.. will i ever get rid of that "newbie" title? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

geez.. will i ever get rid of that \"newbie\" title?

I've been on this board for a while now... you'd think i'd at least be qualified as a "member" by now. When i used to go on the S-Series.org board, i was at least an "Experienced User"! I think by now my title should be "New Hand" or "Rookie". just get rid of the "Newbie"!
I know... i know... i just have to wait my turn! Be patient. it's just that seeing the term "newbie" up there beside my name on every post makes me feel like i haven't been off roadin' for a few years now... but i'm still learnin' i guess.

ok... i'm done winein'! l8r!

1987 LWB, stock (for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 08:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: geez.. will i ever get rid of that \"newbie\" title?

Elijah, how are your new aquisitions working out? Did you get the LWB on the road yet?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 09:07 PM

you got a long ways to go my friend. Most post on multiple boards at least most beer swilling rednecks like me who live to break and fix stuff

[img]www.rocky-road.com/media/flagwave1.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

nope.. it's in my garage... actually, i've been pickin' away at it all week. there's a leak in the exhaust just before the resonator. i think i'm just gonna slop some muffler cement on that. there's a tiny hole on the pass. side floor right on the seem of the rocker. i don't have access to a welder. so i'm gonna rivet a piece of sheet metal temporarily, i'll tar it up good though. And i think that's all she needs for a safety... hopefully!
The rocker panels are pretty shot from underneath. i haven't dared to take the stupid plastic panels off yet! I fear the same problem with the rear corners due to those bumper tips... and under the fender flares is prolly a mess too.
But the worst part looks to be where the windshield and the cowling meet in the corners. it doesn't look that bad, but when it rained a couple days ago i noticed rain coming in through there and landing on the pedals. it was coming in quite quickly too. i may be driving around with some body filler on my truck this winter.
oh... the choke is acting up. i know... it's supposed to rev high for a short while. but mine revs extra high, and for a long period of time... even when the engine is still hot! i can actually let off the clutch and drive around with no gas! i gave some good shots of carb cleaner, and today i pushed on a little gear that's attached to some kind of cam at the back of the carb. when i pushed it the idle went down a bit. and it idled normal after that. but it didn't seem permanent. actually... i'm gonna go start it again just to check if that did fix it.
WHOAAA!!! i wrote another novel, sorry.... once i get thinkin' and typin'...... i better say bye! later ray!

1987 LWB, stock (for now)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 06:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, at least you're not a stranger! You're close! I see you have 44 posts - you'll become a journeyman at 50 posts.

Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 07:40 AM
Keyboard Implanted

it will come with time man....
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 09:07 AM
Can't Get Enough

I'd pay little attention to those LABELS. Some of the wiser people on this board have some of the fewest posts. Others who can't find their ass with both hands may be Grand Poobahs. It's not about the number of posts, it's exchanging information and ideas with others about your common interests and helping out when you can.

[email protected]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 09:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

YOWIE!!! Do you have a bone to pick with a Grand Poobah? That's kind of a POINTED comment, don't you think? If somebody's been around, and posting that much, they probably have a lot of experience (even if it's hearsay).

Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 09:55 AM
Can't Get Enough

No, I don't have a bone to pick with anyone at all. I didn't even have any Poohbahs in mind. I was just making a point. It's the same in everyday life, the people who talk the most DO NOT necessarily have the most knowledge to share. Just listen to any politician... they talk a lot, but often say very little.

[email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 10:14 AM
Cap34

Do what everybody else does, answer every post until your title suits you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode