Easy 25 horsepower gain.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Easy 25 horsepower gain....

I have been putting up with my Sammi spitting and sputtering on the highway for about 6-8 months now. Hell, it wouldn't go over 45 mph. I have 33's on it (stock gears and x-fer case) so, I just thought it couldn't pull the gearing, even in 4th. I figured it was the old factory carb crapping out on me. Well, a buddy of mine suggested I change the cap, rotor, and plug wires. Hmmm, why didn't I think of that? So that's it. You want a quick 25 horsepower gain, remove the gunk-coated wires, trade in that corroded factory cap and rotor, and relish in the fact that all your fuel is being burned. Disclaimer: this mod may not work if you have changed out your spark equipment in the last 10 years.

Peace through overwhelming firepower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 04:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Easy 25 horsepower gain....

hey i hope you are jokeing about the 25 hp gain i had a sammi and help build one now my project is a flatfender. bout the only way to get that much of a power gain other than a 1600 swamp in is to put on a turbo or super charger. a sammi only has 62 hp stock and all of about 30 maybe 35 makes it to the ground with stock tires.

goes balls to the wall 24/7
and dares to be different
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 04:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey i hope you are jokeing about the 25 hp gain i had a sammi and help build one now my project is a flatfender. bout the only way to get that much of a power gain other than a 1600 swamp in is to put on a turbo or super charger. a sammi only has 62 hp stock and all of about 30 maybe 35 makes it to the ground with stock tires.

goes balls to the wall 24/7
and dares to be different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

What I mean to say is I was running around not putting out anywhere near the factory 63 hp. I'm guessing I regained a bunch of horsepower with simply performing a tune-up. Just something that can get forgotten when you are out buying big tires and lifts.

jason

Peace through overwhelming firepower
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2001, 10:39 PM

"The only way to get that much
horsepower is to swap in a 1.6L"
Try gettin a Webber, Hedder, and 2" free flow exaust, and just a replacement KN air filter. That will get you more than 25 hp. The webber by itself will get you another 10-15 HP and I know my exaust gave me at least more 10 HP.

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust. 2" lift shackles, 30-9.50 Wild Cats
2000 Chev Tracker 235/75 wild cats
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode