Face/Name Yearbook ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Face/Name Yearbook ??

Excel22 had a great idea. I was thinking if an annual yearbook of sorts would be an extension of his idea. If we had a hard copy of everyone's pics and names, it might be easier to make the name/face connection. Is something like this "doable"? I would imagine that the pics would have to be more of the person and less of backround//zooks and maybe contain what year zooks owned and if they are stock, modified, or highly modified. It's just a thought...
I know there would be printing costs, but I would be willing to shell out for a "book" of this type. Any ideas?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Face/Name Yearbook ??

i like that idea ,i know justin fender did a web set for the members of the zuk topic list maybe someone could do one for this BBS

QuadZuki,87 spoa,33"wild countrys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 09:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hi CrowHorse,I think it would be a good idea.Some friends did that years ago, so when you traveled or what have you,if something happened ,hopefully someone could be found in the book to help.Like BB,we all know he has 20 zooks in the yard,he would be good for parts.I have a shop,I could help with repairs/putting up one of you for the night,ect-ect.I hope it takes off,count me in,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2001, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Great idea RR!!!! It could include e-mail addy, home address if desired and phone number. Some might not wish to share some private info regarding phone and addyy, but that could be optional.
I would do this but I have 2 things going against me: poor printer and I'm not good with graphics. Is anyone interested that could help out in these areas? I will do whatever I can to help out....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 09:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How many of these YearBooks are we talking about doing?I would think the town and state would be anough info and no one would need to put there address,I might be able to help but i'm not great with graphics,but i do have the time.I would think all the info you would need to put would be:

Your Picture of you with your suzuki (samurai-sidekick ect..)
Your Name...
Your State,town,...
Your contact info (phone number,email address,URL)
Your zuk's spec's.....
And maybe a little self bio.
Your Club name if any...
we could have a page of yearly suzuki events also...

Let me know what else if anything was left out...
Cost per yearbook wouldn't be much just maybe $3.50 plus shipping to cover the price of ink and paper....any other input would be great..Crow,RR?....what ya'll think...

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 11:45 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Good idea, but maybe put it on a web-page like Geocities or something like that. That way people can go to the site and then copy the pages for them self if they wanted one. And the Admin guy can update it when neeed be. What do ya think?
Wouldn't take up much space, on a web-page.
Anymore idea's?

<font color=blue>-Brian</font color=blue>

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 02:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thats what i was talking about on my first post and it wouldn't cost anything to do it that way.And if you knew you were going out of town you could do a search and see if there were any of us on the way or near where you were going and print out the info you needed...now justt need some that knows about web sites to site it up...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2001, 02:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I might be able to do it, let me see what I can do. I'm in the desert for 5more weeks and have nothing else better to do. It would be under geocities, that is the only web-site I know how to build.
I'll start up a little page and see what it looks like. Give me a few days, I'll post what I've done so far.
After I get the page made, I'll ask for some info from everyone. Later

<font color=blue>-Brian</font color=blue>

ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode