It's coming together! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 09:55 AM
Cap34

It\'s coming together!

Almost 2 years ago, I bought an 8V 1600, an adapter kit, and a Centerforce II clutch assembly. In the meantime I had the engine built and balanced and stuck in a calmini cam. A friend and I finally started tackling the installation on Saturday, and as of noon yesterday (Monday) I'm on the road again! Because the 1600 sits a little higher than the 1300, a couple of things came up which I want to share. I know it all depends on your individual installation, but my catalytic converter now touches the heat shield under my seat. At around 60 mph, they vibrate together and the entire car seems to resonate! It's an interesting sensation, and not one I'd recommend. Luckily, it will be easy to fix. Also, I have a Weber with the adapter for the stock air cleaner (600?). Naturally, this outfit wouldn't allow the hood to close, so I bought a hot rod Edelbrock air cleaner at Kragen and temporarily got it in with nylon tie downs, a piece of cardboard, and a little duct tape. I'll be able to modify it properly without too much trouble and it is only temporary as I plan on putting the computer and fuel injection in pretty soon.

This thing is obviously not any kind of a powerhouse, but coming home over a hilly stretch of highway, and keeping in mind not to lug the new engine, I never once had to downshift from 5th gear! I'm used to keeping the gearshift almost constantly in motion, and that is with a pretty built up 1300. I think I'm going to like this engine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 06:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: It\'s coming together!

sounds nice man yah I sure would like to up-grade to a 1.6 8 or 16ver cause they seem like cool lil engines!..but fundamentals are what have me now!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode