Is One Sami Enough? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Is One Sami Enough?

OK, how come one Sami isn't enough? I'm getting to the point where I'm happy with my Sami buildup and I'm already beginning the process of getting another one! OK, my next one will be a hard top, but still, how come one isn't enough? It seems that ALL my friends who have Samis have at least one lying around for parts and another one in the wings waiting for a buildup. I'm just as guilty as them, I was just wondering why this is the case. I don't see Jepp guys with 8 Jeeps stuffed into their back yard...

I thought it was maybe the "Kitten factor." "They're just so cute I have to have more than one!"

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 16V eventually)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 02:36 PM
mike shannon

Re: Is One Sami Enough?

i thought that one was enough but soon found that i had 5 at one time. i have gone through about ten of them. and now i am back to the first one. i really don't wheel it much anymore, but i don't have the heart to sell it. i have taken it to colorado and utah twice and many other trips. i feel i have got my money out of it two fold so it would just kill me to sell it. i do most of my wheeling in a land cruiser now. but that is because i have a wife and three kids and we just out grew the zook. i enjoy the zook more on the trail, i get a better rush wheeling the short wb. i have 4 land cruiser now, so its just swaping one addiction for another. i have found that almost everything i have learned will work on the land cruiser. it is just doesn't give me the thrill of being on the edge that the zook does. now the next one will be full tube chassie, big block,turbo 400,np205, rockwells and a set of 44s. but that is after i get the shop built. mike

zuks and toys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

I've watched the buildup of your Cruiser and I have to tell ya' that I WANT ONE! I can understand the "outgrowing" a Samurai comment. I have a wife, 3 kids and a 4th on the way. The Samurai is "MY" car and then we have a family car.

AARRRRRRRG! 1987 Red JX 'vert, 4.5 BREEZE SPOA, SJ410 T-case, 31 BFG M/T knock offs, extended shackles (1.6 - 16V eventually)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 05:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

nope, one is NEVER enough..... even if its a once a month trail rig.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 08:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

No comment........LOL

DannyL

http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:16 PM

Capn'...The main reason you don't see Jeep guys stuffing their yards full is because they're so expensive. How many Jeeps have you seen for $200 that run??? One Samurai is certainly not enough for me!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 10:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

""How many Jeeps have you seen for $200 that run??? ""

EXACTLY!!! Because they are so cheap to buy. Why buy parts when you break when you can buy the whole truck instead? And they're so easy to pull apart - kinda like lego.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 06:43 AM
Can't Get Enough

They are like a good pocket knife. Just convenient to have around and affordable. I'm on my fourth now, and still I keep my eyes open for another... [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
It's a Zuke thing...

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 07:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You know, I never really thought about it - We started with a '91 Sidekick, then bought a '92, when I flew my rocket car off a cliff, traded them in on a pair of 95's, and then traded my wife's 95 in on a 99 Grand Vitara. And I find myself on Autotrader.com about once a week, looking for another '95! Now, I wonder if I ought to pick up a few Sami's, just because! Oh, this could get addicting. I wonder if I an fit that 2.5L V6 in a Sami???

Bob

95 'Kick 4 Door - Calmini header & exhaust = mo' power! YES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode