Special Thanks !! & Viiiibbrrattions..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Special Thanks !! & Viiiibbrrattions.....

I just wanted to say thank you to Yankee Tim & Yankee Bob. They were kind enought to spare me some of their free time to take a look at my Sami and give me some ideas regarding the vibrations I have. They even took me out to wheel a bit. Tim even let me drive his beast! Wooooo Hoooo!

Just prior to making the drive to Tim & Bob's, I had my wheels balanced again. This took care of 90% of the vibrations. One of the things they recomended (and some here as well) was to check for road force. I've checked local shops and it seams that only dealers have these Hunter GSP97000 machines. I'll keep searching....
Thanks again for your time and help guys!!!!!!!!

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Special Thanks !! & Viiiibbrrattions.....

I am sorry what did you say? GSP97000 what?

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Oops. Too many zeros. It's a Hunter GSP9700 vibration control system. I believe it measures road force and a balancer as well.

Here's the addy if anyone is interested....

http://www.gsp9700.com/

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 08:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

glad to hear ya got it done up crow. your package went out today too.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 06:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Oh okay,
Never heard of it. Sound like a cool toy. Thanks.

Jason

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Crow,

Thanks for comming up. Your company and good conversation is always welcome.

As for you rig, I think Bob is correct in his assumption of what the problem is. When I told Bob how like EVERYTHING has been repaired, rebuilt or replaced, he got the puzzled look and said to me, "Must be in the tires or rims". While a twisted shaft might cause some problems, I don't think you'll find any problems there. During the test drive, it appeared to be quite speed-related, and I noted how it seems more prevelent during turns. Road force will either point the finger at the tires/rims, or rule them out.

As for the wheeling, glad you enjoyed it. Nice to get out in the woods now and then. Anytime you want to come up, let us know. We'll be happy to meet up anytime. There's plenty of short, moderate stuff locally, and Mt. Beacon is only 15 mins. away, which makes a great day run with some tuff stuff.

Keep the rubber side up, my brother.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 11:51 AM

We had a similar machince about 6-7 years ago when I worked at Sears Auto.. my persoanl opinion.. I doubt it will help. We had the machinces for about 2 years because they just didn't do what they claimed. This Hunter machince might be a little better though. Have you tried a 2nd set of wheels & tires.. if it still vibrates with a different set of sneakers that you can rule them out for sure! Or if it rides like glass then you know it's your problem.

93 Tracker, ProComp, Calmini, 31's, Thorley, K&N, etc..., aka the donor. Looking for a donee..
http://www.geocities.com/mini4x
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Today I swapped out my t-case for one from my 88 1/2. It seemed to be in better shape than the one that came out. I know this should have no bearing on my vibe/shimmy problem, but I figured that warm weather is in it's twilight. After the change, I noticed a "squeak" from the passenger side front wheel. Sounds like a wheel bearing. Bugger! It was only several weeks ago that I repacked the outer bearings. I torqued everything down according to spec. Could a bad spindle cause premature failure of the wheel bearing? If it's not one thing, it's another.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 07:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hello Crow,
Just because the bearing is torqued does not mean it seated. When i worked on aircraft we spun the tires and torqued and untorqued three times to insure that the bearing seated. I would consider that a factor. .02

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode