Questions from after a wheeling trip. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Questions from after a wheeling trip.

Ok, I had a great time at this last get together in Florida. My zook is now running very well (the choke was forced open with a stick (hahahah). Idle is great, power is there, whawhoo!!, Can I remove the choke plate?). The oil in the x-fer case is milky. Yes I know that is water, I am changing the oil this evening. Is the breather on the x-fer case and x-mission hard to adapt to an air breathing system? Also.... heheh, should I install a high flow cat converter (I can get one reaaal cheap, fer the enviroment!), thinking on installing a flowmaster exhaust (wingnut @ the trip had one and it sounded really good! 2" all the way back..). There was lots of deep water (snorkle time?), exhaust comming up inside the cab (exhaust pipe exits infront of the rear tire with a down spout on it).
I did run the 100 miles home on the x-fer case white gear oil (doooh!, did not have any to replace. No noise, excessive heat, weird things, worked great. Good'ole sybthetic!).
Looking fer options on:
removing the choke plate
exhaust muffler, pipe, cat, exit point and direction
x-fer case and x-mission breathers
and a snorkle.
l8r thanx..
I'll also have pictures on my web side come wendesday or so..

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 08:12 PM

Re: Questions from after a wheeling trip.

1. Breathers-There is an article about relocating these on the Izook web site

2. Exaust pipe- I run a 2" no cat at all, with about a 18" cherry bomb exaust kinda loud but sounds cool. If you have the exaust shop make it come out behind the tire with a sharp bend to the outside you won't smell the fumes.

3. Choke Plate- My father and law wired his open, just made it really hard to start in the cold mornings, ran fine once it got going though.

Hope I could help

Shawn

87 Samurai. S-10 Buckets. Cherry Bomb exaust. 2" lift shackles, 30-9.50 Wild Cats
2000 Chev Tracker 235/75 wild cats
If you ain't wheelin get outa here!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 09:11 PM

If you haven't got lines on your differential breathers check for water there too.

rollerskate
(That's what I was told my Samurai resembles)[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:20 AM
Can't Get Enough

Breathers are easy to install. I ran mine up into the engine compartment and added a small filter for the intake.
Someday, you may want the choke, so don't remove the plate - get one of those generic manual choke cable kits. I've done that on all my Jeeps. My Sami has the water choke thing, that works fine for now, but when it goes, I'm going to go manual.
Oh, and flush that milky stuff out! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a mello tone muffler and it sounds just like a flow master. In fact they are very simular in everyway. Bradzuki can get them for about half the cost of a flow master. They also have single chamber rasing mufflers at a great price.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode