Idle adjustment - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 07:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Idle adjustment

G'day folks,

just a quick question...I purchased another Zuki a little while ago (it's an 88.5 and my old one was an 87) Anyhow I need to adjust the electrical idle up (the one when you turn on any electrical component the idle increases) and I can't find the adjustment screw...or is it a screw???
Your help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Duck tape is like the force, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 02:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Idle adjustment

Does anybody know what i'm talking about????

Duck tape is like the force, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 02:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Look at the carb from the Passengers side. See where the throttle cable goes to the carb. There is a metal bracket that holds the cable secure. The screw is just below and to the right (forward fo the bracket) of the bracket. You will not see it from the side very well, but if viewed from behind, you will see the screw just below the bracket. I think this is what you want. I know it is the idle screw.

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 02:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One other thing. Sometimes it takes awhile for someone to help. This is becasue not everyone checks the board through out the day. It is a good idea to post stuff early. I know that is not alway possible. So make it clear that you need help now and people who may know what you need to know might make time to help. Or people like me will try to help. Just a heads up.

So what did you do with your rust bucket?

"Where the land and my Zook meet, my spirit soars, my soul is alive, and my life has true meaning."
http://www.geocities.com/zuk_tonka/zuk.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 03:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The idle up control is vacume operated.. I do not know where the control is or how to adjust it. There is a vacumme unit with a 1/4" or so rod going down to the throtle cam on the carb. When the a/c is on or lights, blower, this that it somehow upps the idle up 100~400rpm.. Mine used to work, I would also like to know how this is adjusted. The idle screw is very easy to adjust.. It is kinna hidden though.

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 03:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

there is no screw, you turn the plunger that pops out and pushes the throttle, it should be hex shaped to fit a wrench

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 04:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

On the zook, I thought it was a puller?! I do have a/c so it may be an aditional part... Is the hex adjustment on the plunger part or on the tip of the nylon bushing thing that presses on the throttle cam...

I'm LOCKED!
Got zook?I do,88.5 spoa'd on 29'shttp://www.geocities.com/bik3r
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:12 PM
Keyboard Implanted

actually I just went out and looked, the plunger pushes on a hex bolt on the throttle cam, you turn that bolt

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 05:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

it has a hex head, you could turn on the head lights and watch the plunger move, (out) increase the rpms to about 1000 I think, it's on the inside of the carb between the valve cover and base of the carb, I think it's electrical activated.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 09:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the help guys...after a little digging last night I traced the vacuum lines and found the plunger, however I can't seem to get a wrench in there to adjust it!
Oh well, it's disconnected for the time being.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode